Norma's Needle Adventures

This is a journal of my adventures with knitting, crocheting, needlework and fibers. It may also record bits of information about other aspects of my life.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Glasses

There are times when life doesn't go the way we hope it will. This is one of those times for me. About six weeks ago my nursing license was re-instated. I let it lapse several years ago when I quit working to become a Stay at Home Mom who homeschools. Shortly after it arrived in the mail, my glasses got broken. This is a big issue because it means that driving is very difficult to say the least. I am now in the process of waiting on new ones to arrive. It has been more than two weeks since new ones have been ordered. I am still waiting. This should not be a surprise. It normally takes labs a long time to grind my prescription properly. It was even like this when I lived accross the country shortly after getting married so I know it is not just the labs in this area. Hopefully they will be ready by this weekend. In the meantime, job hunting is limited to online searching. It is a safety issue not only for myself but for others as well. So much for complaining.... I am not the one in charge of this. I know that God knows what is going on and why. If it were up to me, I would have been working for the past several weeks. While I am waiting for my glasses to arrive there is plenty of time to do other things. Most of them are not exciting, but that's all right. Here they are in random order. 1.My family is getting plenty of Mom time. 2.The house is getting a bit of extra attention. 3.Loose ends on a lot of crocheted hats are being woven in. There is someone in my town waiting to recieve them so they can warm heads of children. 4.Dish and wash cloths are being knitted. One is on the needles right now. Most of them will be given away either to family, friends or charities. 5.I owe my very patient mother a pair of slippers. These are long overdue. I know what I will be doing tomorrow. 6.There are scarves to be made for the Orphan Foundation of America. These won't get mailed until January of 2007, but it is not too early to work on them. 7. There are blogs to be updated. 8. There is data on the hard drive to be backed up. 9. Some Library books need to be read so they can go back. The list only mentions a few things to be done. This is Wednesday evening and we have been told my glasses will be ready by Friday. Hopefully they will be.