Norma's Needle Adventures

This is a journal of my adventures with knitting, crocheting, needlework and fibers. It may also record bits of information about other aspects of my life.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Long Time

It feels like it has been forever since I have written anything here. Life has just been busy. We have geared up academics now that the end of August has arrived. This means me concentrating on being organized and preparing lesson ideas a few days in advance. Even if they are not written down, they are in my head.....What a scarey place to be. LOL! For the past few weeks my only knitting or crochet time is in the car with my husband on the way to and from work. Mostly I am making some MDK Ballband dishcloths. Not only are they an addiction, but since I make them using 33 or 39 stitches, they fit my hands easily and well. There are more than a dozen in my kitchen. This way I don't hesitate to be particluar about changing them often. Today I realized that the last week of August is approaching. This means that I had better get busy and start making some dishcloths as Christmas gifts for some people on my gift list. I can't name them in case they happen to read this. It is also time to get busy making some red scarves for the Orphan Foundation of America. Last year I did not learn about this until a few weeks before scarves needed to be dropped off for them. This year I want to be prepared for this event by having some scarves made in advance. Once it gets to be a little bit cooler my needles will start having red yarn them. I have rambled enough for now.....More will come later.