Norma's Needle Adventures

This is a journal of my adventures with knitting, crocheting, needlework and fibers. It may also record bits of information about other aspects of my life.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Another Big Dotty and Some BallBand Cloths
Never has one book of patterns captured my imagination as much as the Mason Dixon Knitting book. Yarn and thread have fascinated me since I was 6 or 7 years old. I learned to knit before I was 10 years old and learned to crochet as a young teenager. My collection of fiber related books is adequate, but not small. My collection of patterns obtained from online is likewise not lacking in size. This book ranks right up there with some of my favorites.
This is Big Dotty 2, completed. I used a scrap of Yellow for the background stitches. I don't know if it P&C or S&C. The blue is P&C Bright Navy. I had more fun making this cloth than the others.
As a rule most of the Big Dotty cloths are measuring about 6-6 1/2 inches wide and 6 1/2-7 inches wide.
Here are some Ball Band Dishcloths I have made from this same book. This one is made with same Yellow used in Big Dotty 2 and S&C Spring Meadows. This is the one time I used the number of stitches specified in the book.

This is the second BallBand Dishcloth I have made. It is made of P&C White and Peppermint. It was deliberately made smaller than the pattern called for. The motivation to fit the wants and needs of my household. It measures approximately 6 1/2 inches square.